DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The well pump pressure switch is constantly on the "ON" position. It doesn't matter if no one has the faucet "on" in the house it will stay running outside. I put a new pressure switch and a pressurized tank it still is doing the same thing. Can someone tell me what else can I do to solve the problem that I have.

·
Electrical Contractor
3,368 Posts
Purge the water line that connects to the pressure switch.

It is most likely clogged, preventing the switch from knowing how high the pressure is.

·
Idiot Emeritus
1,910 Posts
Purge the water line that connects to the pressure switch.

It is most likely clogged, preventing the switch from knowing how high the pressure is.
Could also be that for whatever reason, the pump cannot attain the cut-out pressure the switch is set at.

·
" Euro " electrician
5,369 Posts
The well pump pressure switch is constantly on the "ON" position. It doesn't matter if no one has the faucet "on" in the house it will stay running outside. I put a new pressure switch and a pressurized tank it still is doing the same thing. Can someone tell me what else can I do to solve the problem that I have.
What kind of pompe ( pump ) you have in there??

Shallow well with pompe above ground

Submergeable well with pompe underground in the well.

There is differnce on them when they are stuck on.

Shallow well verison ( deepwell two pipe pompe is suimuair ) common curpits:

A) Leaking connection on suction side

B) Leaking connection on discharge side

C) Leaking pipe if ran underground

D) Clogged suction screen on shallow point pipe

Submergeable well common curpits:

A) leaking discharge pipe ( this can be multi leaks if hunged by plastique pipe only but steel pipes it can leak thru the threads )

B) Pitless adpatiur leaking. That is special item they used on submergeable well unit which they will translated from internal pipe to the underground pipe to the building.

C) clogged screen on bottom of the well casing

For all above the other common item is low water level or low water flowage

So it will make the differnce so start at the source and go from there.

One thing for sure from time to time if you have hard water or slilty type water it can wear the impeller out fast.

Hope that help ya on this one

Merci,
Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts