DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have one of those homelite 65$ walmart weed eaters/The only problem is the fuel line is rotten and broke off at the carb end and plastic tank end. How do you got about fitting the 1'16 or 1/8" rubber hose into the tank and at the bottom so its sucking gas and a fuel line hose that wont melt or fall apart.

Is it possible to block the two upper holes is one a fume or return line and one the supply fuel to where one hose needs to be at top of the tank and the other at bottom for fuel supply.
Is it possible to tap whatever size fuel hose is used can anyone give me the fuel line hose size?
Tap say a 4mm elbow into the bottom of the side of tank drill bit and silicone it to the bottom of tank for fuel supply and return. Is there small metal npt or whichever threaded fittings this size either straight or 90 degree elbows to drill small 1"8 hose and fit the metal or plastic elbow for feed line in there. I can confirm it works by pouring gas into the spark plug or do they sell fuel tanks for this model with hoses already preinstalled and just need to be connected to carburetor?
Im all for the permanent solution of adding metal elbows to top or side of tank so you would just have to replace external lines when they rot. I attached photos of what im talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah i found out how to do this you remove tank and fish them in thru the top holes attach fuel filter and whatever else components and bolt tank back on fit hose to carb. I think one is 1/8" and 1/16" fuel hose 1/4" is way to big similar to riding mower fuel line.

·
Naildriver
20,006 Posts
Buy a kit like this. It comes with the proper sized hoses, a stainless steel cable to assist in installation of the hoses in the tank, a filter, bulb, etc. The cable is the best part of the kit. Makes it easy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You sure lines are correct size that is all that is needed is the fuel lines that wont decompose though im not sure of sizes. Appears to be one smaller and larger line about 1 ft each.

Ill see if the lawnmower shop maybe has correct lines by the foot.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i just did this job last week on my weedeater,

i bought a kit and replaced the carb also......

simple job really,

the fuel lines are a bit difficult to get into those holes, they fit tight,

cut the end of it on a 45 degree angle, it makes pushing it in easier,

once its in a bit, i reached into the fill cap/hole with needle nosed pliers to pull it into the tank more easily

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i see the one i have doesnt have a fuel filter or choke lever? Just my luck first time messing with it primer bulb broke. The fuel lines are rotten and dont see a choke lever or where one could have been and no fuel filter in the tank. The rebuild one was an expensive weedeater probably with fuel filter or do they all have one?

Attachments

·
Naildriver
20,006 Posts
i bought a kit and replaced the carb also......
I thought it odd, too. I went to buy a foam air cleaner for my Honda tiller. $9 for a piece of foam.
Found the air cleaner foam, all the hoses, a brand new carb and bulb for $13. Go figure.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had put a 15$ ebay carb on the riding mower last year but turns out the inside of the fuel line was clogged. It may have been the bottom fuel float as well it would barely run i think was the issue.

Do they all have a fuel filter there isnt one in this gas tank.

·
Naildriver
20,006 Posts
They all have fuel filters on the end of the tube in the tank. Yours may have fallen off if the tubing is compromised.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts