DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if someone had an idea on how to waterproof an exterior area on my house.

My driveway comes directly up to my house and there is a gap between the cement and the siding. Since there is a gap water is getting in there and potentially is starting to rot the wood. I needed something to fill in that gap.....any ideas?

I can probably think of a few things but I'd like to do it properly if there instead of being the diy'er that ghetto rigs his house.

As you can see also I need to make some repairs on the door frame.

Thanks in advance!


· Administrator
14,332 Posts
What you should do is cut off the lower 6" or so of the wall and pour a concrete stem wall to get the framing is above grade.

Short of that would be to cut a groove in the concrete and install a Z flashing that's bent slightly under 90 deg. that goes behind the siding and weather barrier and up the wall at least 3".
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.