DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

i left my ranch last Sunday evening (8/7) and came back yesterday, Friday. I found out that i had left a sprinkler on for 5 days at full blast. No telling how many times the well cycled. Also, i installed a 6 zone irrigation system 3 yrs ago and it goes off 4 times/week at 115 mins/zone. We are in a Stage 5 exceptional drought, the worst category. This is why irrigation system is running so long.

Based on the usage of the well so much in 5-6 days, are there any precautionary or proactive measures/maintenance items that I can do?

as you can see, there’s a distinct delta btw where irrigation system stops. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rocky, when I’m here, i do some supplemental watering and just forgot to turn it off. Happened 2 times in 29 yrs, but this time was much longer.

it’s much better to water for longer periods bc the water goes much deeper and the roots will go deeper too. During droughts, if roots are shallower bc of less deep/longer watering, then the plant will dry out much sooner too.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I agree on all and yes, fortunate that well is “ok” as of now…that’s why i was cking to see if there’s anything to do ?

Really like your signature quote:

It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept.”

·
Registered
277 Posts
cycle stop valve is a pressure regulating valve that let's your pump run continuously(at a lower amp draw) during long usage, instead of continually cycling on and off. It's a very simple solution to the continuous cycling of a traditional set up. It also will maintain constant pressure, instead of fluctuating with the draw down of the pressure tank. Check out the website, and the videos.

·
Registered
14,990 Posts
i've used my phone many times for a reminder , then if too much time hasn't lapsed i can usually remember why i set it . if you're leaving as Tex did , even a wrench in the truck seat will suffice if you can recall why . :unsure:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts