DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the water is coming from your condensate pump. Where does the clear hose from the pump drain into? From your photo it looks like the hose is kinked. It appears that your pump is filling up and then coming out of the slots at the top of the pump. Where does the angled white pvc in the center of the photo go? I would turn the pump on and observe it to see if water is coming from the top portion of the pump. It probably needs a good cleaning/flushing as well as all of the pipes. You can use a shop vac with the filter removed to suck the water out of the drain pipes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The water in that clear hose should be clear. That water appears to be either very dirty or rusty. Usually there is a clamp on the end of the clear hose that secures the hose to another fitting or the pump. You can detach the clear hose by whatever means it is attached and stick the shop vac on that hose. Also the pump can be taken apart and cleaned. There is a float rod in there that gets gunk in there. Once you take the top off the pump you can see how it operates. The float activates a switch to turn the pump on/off when it gets to a certain level in the pump. I will have to study the photos some more and get back with you in the morning.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here is a link to a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAZJpqA31M that explains a litlle about the pump. Here is a cutaway image of a typical condensate pump. There is normally one pipe that enters the pump and the exit (clear vinyl hose). You can remove the clear hose at the nipple coming out of the pipe to stick your vacuum hose on there to clear the clear hose if there are any blockages. The larger of the white pvc pipes that is going into your pump is just pushed in there. It looks like you will just have to remove the screws holding the pump to the side of the cabinet and push the pump down enough to free the pipes entering the pump. Then you can place your shop vac hose on the larger of the pipes you just removed. Some pumps are very easy to take apart. If I remember correctly you should be able to separate the top of the pump by squeezing the sides of the top half with your fingers and pulling up to expose the internal workings. Unplug the pump before doing this. Some people add a pvc pipe union to facilitate cleaning of the piping. Some add "tees" so they can pour bleach or water into the piping on a regular basis to keep the drain clear. To start your pump tp test it you would have to pour water into the pump to get the pump float to rise and trigger the switch and turn on the pump. I am pretty sure that your water on the floor is due to an overflowing pump. These pumps do fail, I would take it apart and see if you can see an obvious problem that can be corrected by cleaning it.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yuri, that would be an ideal solution! That is an awful lot of plumbing on that set-up. Clear plastic hose lets you see how well the condensate is draining and where the clog is located if there is one. I switched to clear tubing on my two systems a couple of summers ago and I really like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.