DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing an irrigation system and I need to replace the tee that goes into my house to use one side for my sprinklers (instead of an existing hose bib). The existing installation is 3/4" copper pipe (from the meter) to a compression fitting, then the main shutoff 1", then a galvanized union 1", then the tee into the house and hose bib. When I replace the tee, must I use galvanized again? I would prefer pvc with threaded connections, but this is above ground and I don't think pvc can be used above ground, correct? The issue is that the hose bib is the wrong direction and a 1/2" connection where I need a 1" connection for irrigation.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.