What other conductive (metal) surface were you touching? That other place is likely what has the voltage on it.I was replacing kitchen faucet, and got a shock when touching a pipe. What a surprise that was. I was not expecting any electric down there. Any ideas why this happened and what needs to be done to correct it?
It's "lying"; "laying" is a whole 'nother thang.Well, I was laying in the floor working under the sink. The only thing I could have possibly been touching would be a dishwaher.... not sure I was, but I could have been touching with my foot??? Make sense?
Actually, proper bonding would cause the energized pipes if the service neutral was open. All that "neutral" current is trying to go back to "ground" and will do so via properly bonded piping.For it to be an open svc neutral he would also have to have faulty bonding on his pipes.
Homeowner felt shocks. I didn't use my fingers to test.No shock possible at 22vac
The 22 vac is a phantom voltage.True/false?
The 22 vac is a phantom voltage.
The Fluke's low input impedance reduced this from 120vac or 60vac to 22vac.
No shock possible at 22vac.
That's my question.The 22 volts is most likely a real voltage caused by who knows what, bad water pump, bad water heater element, it could be many different things. Welcome to the real world, it differs from the internet and textbooks :thumbsup:
How? You can get any voltage you want, it would all depend upon how far gone the insulation is on the winding of the pump motor, or the element on a water heater or a million other ways.That's my question.
How do you generate 22 real volts from 120/240v? Two unequal 120v loads in series and you pick off the midpoint?
And this voltage gets to the sink or the faucet?