DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the plastic line for my ice maker/water. I moved my Refridgerator and it broke. I am trying to figure out how to reconnect it. I tried using a pair of plyers to unscrew the piece to take the broken end of the line out but it doesn't come unscrewed.. HELP!

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Take a picture---the brass compression buts unscrew--if you have a white plastic gizmo there is a release==

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
I have the plastic line for my ice maker/water. I moved my Refridgerator and it broke. I am trying to figure out how to reconnect it. I tried using a pair of plyers to unscrew the piece to take the broken end of the line out but it doesn't come unscrewed.. HELP!
how are you going to reconnect it until you fix it?
what piece are trying to unscrew from what part?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can't get bolts to unscrew

Here is a picture, I need to try to get this unscrewed so I can reattach the line. There is still plenty of slack I think/hope it can just be reconnected

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
you should be able to hold the bottom hex and unscrew the top nut with the tubing sticking out. you would be going counter clockwise to unscrew it but you need 2 wrenches or pliers so it doesnt unscrew from the valve on the fridge.

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
you will not be able to reuse that, you can reuse the nut but you will need a new ferrell and compression ring to make a leak proof connection. Like DannyT said get 2 wrenches and you should be able to unscrew it.

·
jschaben
588 Posts
If you'll excuse a butt in post. I'd recommend you go ahead and replace that plastic line rather than just cut it back. That stuff gets brittle with age and starts developing pin holes. Mine started doing that about it's 16th birthday. After repairing about the 3rd pin hole I got p...o....'d and ran copper pipe from the saddle valve to the refer.
Just a suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts