DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

water leak seeping from floor

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Ghostmaker 
#1 ·
I have a puddle of water that forms by seeping through a hairline crack in my garage floor. The laundry room is next to the garage where the hot water tank is located. The leak ONLY happens when I use the hot water. It does not occur when using the cold water for flushing the toilet, the bathroom or kitchen faucets, nor the outside faucets for the garden hose. According to 2 different plumbers, the hot water tank appears to be ok for its age and both said the problem needs to get worst before they can diagnose where the leak is coming from. I was also advised my crawl space is dry. (There is no crawl space area directly under the garage floor where the water seeps up.) Because there has never been problems with water pressure and does not leak when not using water, this leak has been ongoing for a very long time before I noticed there is a problem. Would replacing the hot water lines fix the leak?

#7 · (Edited)
The crack is approximately 2 feet away from the wall the separates the laundry room and garage. It is about 6 inches long and runs parallel with the wall. I live in Colorado Springs. I noticed the leak about 4 years ago, It is frustrating that I can't get estimates to fix it until I can diagnose the source.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.