DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an American Standard faucet. I went away on vacation for a few weeks and when I came back I turned on the faucet to check it. Water began gushing from the crack that is all covered by lime/calcium in the closeup picture.

Do I just need a rubber washer and if so which model?

Am I looking at a new faucet?

I hope the attachments work out as this is my first post!

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
You are going to need a rebuild kit for that--contact American Standard or a local plumbing supply house.

I vote for a new faucet.---Mike----

·
Plumb or Die!
321 Posts
I'm not sure about American Standard, but a lot of manufacturers have lifetime cartridge warranties. Look into that. They're easy to change out, and a bit of CLR will make that faucet new again.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I'm not sure about American Standard, but a lot of manufacturers have lifetime cartridge warranties. Look into that. They're easy to change out, and a bit of CLR will make that faucet new again.
Gosh, how long will the sink/faucet be out of commission before one will get a warranty replacement?

·
Household Handyman
2,480 Posts
"michael" nowadays a lot of faucets and their parts breakdowns can be found by a simple internet search. With your faucet's model number, and the cartridge part number, you may be able to find a local plumbing supply house which participates with American Standard in their warranty program. Chaning out the cartridge is not a bad job to do, but as stated: With a new cartridge, the time to change it all out, you may want to consider an upgrade. Call some local plumbing supply houses to ask if they participate in this program first.

·
Plumb or Die!
321 Posts
With Moen cartriges, I've walked into H.Dep** at 8 at night with the old cartridge in my hand and walked out at 8:10 with a new one, no paperwork. If whomever you call stocks the AmStan cartridges, it's never a hassle. Course, if the wife wants new taps..........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts