DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was sealing my concrete floor with water based poly. I was going to apply 3 coats, but after 2 coat I decided to clean the floor with lukewarm water as there was some dirt on the floor.

After I applied water, I saw that there were some dark water spots around cracks and small holes. Most of them disappeared after couple of minutes, except for one spot where I left the water bucket (which was there for couple of hours). It looks like the water has gone through the poly and under it, I've been waiting for 2 days and the water doesn't evaporate.

The poly had already been cured for 2 weeks.

I've tried using a hair dryer for about an hour, but it didn't change a thing.
Also, where I live, humidity shouldn't be a problem. Its around 60%.

What can I do? Is this permanent?

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
probably unless the sealer used is breathable,,, why 3 coats ? unprepp'd crks/divots always suck up more,,, reduce the humidity level to 45% & see what happens

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
get a box if instant rice, white...

pour the rice over the moisture spots and find a way to enclose the rice over the spots so no humidity can enter.

my cell phone fell into the 100 temp spa...later that night it started having screen issues and wouldn't work properly...you could see water in the ph via the screen.

my daughter poured white instant rice into Tupperware , put ph in, poured rice over top, sealed w lid...next morning we pulled it out and it fired right up. ZERO water visible too, but the fact it performed flawlessly, I was stunned...

the key is finding a way to enclose the rice over spots w no humidity..I guess you could get a small Tupperware, place it over rice, put something over that to block light, then a weight of some kind...let it set for 24 hrs...post back afterwards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts