DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 99% sure that the answer to this question is no, but I wanted to verify.

I have a new boiler being installed and being of where the connections on the boiler are, the contractor wants to make the return the output and connect it to the pump and the present "out", the return.

Will this matter? Is this perfectly acceptable to do?

·
Registered
7,851 Posts
Depends greatly on what kind of system we are talking about here. A hydronic heating system is not the same as every other hydronic system. Is this multi zone? Where are the expansion tank(s)? Make up? Flow checks?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Attached are a picture of the old boiler showing the circulator pump line and the return line going back into the boiler.

Also attached is a VERY rough layout of the home and where the heating piping is routed and T'd. The RED coloring is 1 inch pipe and represent the supply side coming off of the boiler, the BLUE coloring is 1 inch piping and represent the return side coming back from the boiler, and the orange is all 3/4 inch piping.

I should note that everything is a single zone which should be obvious from boiler pic and only 1 circ.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.