DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My girlfriend has water(clear) coming up the liner (PVC conduit) that lines the blue flexible water supply line from the town water supply. I called a plumber but he has no idea why except maybe a drain tile issue. I looked under the plate for the sewer clean out (a few inches away) but no water issue there. Could the town have a slow leak in the water system? I have never seen this before. Anyone experience this before?

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
If I'm understanding your question.. This is the supply line that feeds the house & it's leaking through a PVC casing that the supply runs through ? If this is the case & it's below grade outside.. the installer probably didn't seal off the casing it's probably ground/ rain water is comming in . You will have to dig up outside & seal the casing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the fast reply. You understood my question correctly and your answer makes good sense. The house is only 2 years old and possible coverage if the casing was not properly sealed.

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
Like I said... You will have to dig up the line outside & seal ... Silicone usually does the trick. Let it dry b-4 you cover it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts