DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rained hard last night. I noticed what looked like a quart of water on my floor and soaked into the walls. Thought it was a roof leak, went into the Attic and it is dry, no sign of water. I look up and it's coming from the ac duct register. What would cause water to blow out the ducting while running the ac? Checked the blower and no water or leaks around it. Just that one duct. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
Could just be condensation coupled with a high dew point and heavy rain. Maybe that run of duct was not insulated properly or runs through a very humid area.

However, a quart of water after a heavy rainstorm sounds like an extensive amount. I would also say a possible roof leak getting into the duct work somehow, but you have already ruled that out.

Please wait for the hvac techs to respond, they will have more suggestions/ideas you can check. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes ducting in attic is insulated. No signs it was ever wet in the attic around the duct or drywall. Only moisture was inside the house. No moisture present around blower in attic. And only that one duct had water leak out, every other ceiling register was dry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.