DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DIY by Necessity
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Roper washer RTW444OVQ1 that stops right at the rinse cycle. I replaced the timer but still very iffy. I will go the rinse cycle if moved by hand but that is a major pain. I have adjusted the drain and it is good. Cold water trickles in, no blockages at water valve or supply valve. I am thinking of replacing the timer again and the water valve. Any other suggestions? Any tricks to getting the timer switch aligned to the proper cycles? Thanks for reading this post.

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts

·
DIY by Necessity
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr. Hardwareman,

Thanks for your post. So, if the water takes too long to reach the proper level then the timer won't move along? Just trying to determine if I should replace the timer. Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
maybe I misunderstood your post, do you get any cold water fill during the rinse cycle?. If the washer does not take water during rinse then the the water pressure switch will not trip and the timer will NEVER advance. Have you checked the screens in the hoses to see if they are plugged?

·
DIY by Necessity
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, Mr. Hardwareman, I think that is the case. The cold water just trickles in during the rinse cycle whereas the hot blast in during the wash cycle. No sediment in the valve screens or supply side screens on the hose so I think I will replace the water valve and see what happens. Thanks for the help. I will post the results.

·
Household Handyman
2,480 Posts
Before you go and replace the water valve on the washing machine, try this: Get a bucket, turn off the COLD water at the wall faucet then disconnect from the washer. Hold the end of the hose in the bucket, turn on the faucet and time how long it takes to either fill the bucket up, or to a marked level within the bucket. THEN: Do the same with the HOT water side. This will tell you if you are getting enough water flow from either or both of your supply lines. IF you are getting enough water from the supply lines, then reverse the lines going to the washer. See if you get COLD water through any faster on the HOT setting, then see if the HOT water flows slower on the COLD setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts