DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a lot of money on Pentair brand pool equipment for my new pool a few years ago. I bought a package of all of the required equipment to clean and heat an in-ground pool. I understood their products to be of high quality. I have since learned that Pentair will go out of their way to frustrate their customers and not support them when they have clear and honest warranty issues. Their product simply stopped working before the end of the warranty period and I took all of the proper steps to make a real claim. Their various staff give you false promises and lip service on the phone and e-mails to their 'warranty e-mail address' have filters to kick e-mails back to you. I am at a loss on what to do other than take them to court at this point as I have all of my communications logged. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get an equipment company like this to provide real timely warranty support and not just appear that they do when you are buying?

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
If you purchased through a retail supplier, make contact with the manufacturer through them???

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you purchased through a retail supplier, make contact with the manufacturer through them???
Check to see in the city where you live, hopefully a big city, that there may be an Ombudsman or 3rd Party that will televise your plight. Usually that will get their attention unless they are in the process of going out of business.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Social media. Make a youtube video showing and telling everything. Then spread it around via facebook, twitter, etc.. Do they have a facebook or twitter account? Post the video there.

·
Property Mgt/Maint
6,667 Posts
Sounds like you are on the verge of taking legal action. If you want some resolution, that is likely what will be required. They have obviously dismissed your complaints.
Maybe a letter written by a lawyer will get their attention. In any regard I would not expect a timely resolution.

·
Registered
13,670 Posts
Your state and some details on the timeline would help us provide advice. Also a link to their warranty.

Did you do the installation?
Where did you purchase the equipment?
Do you have your receipts and did you register your purchase?

Bud

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
jlhaslip said:
we do warranty work for several major manufacturers, this is a great answer. If a distributor vents to the manufacturer it makes a difference. I would go this route. A lot of times when we get these type of calls from manufacturers it usually comes in via management vs the normal channels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts