DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed fibreglass tub surround walls above a fibreglass tub. I want to install wall tiles above and hopefully beside the walls. The drywall is flush with the walls, it does not extend down over the flange. I want the tile to overlap the fibreglass, but am using narrow glass tiles, so need a way to make them adhere to the fibreglass. What can I use?

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
A little clarification please--

Did you stop the drywall above the flange, leaving a void that needs filling
or
is the flange on TOP of the drywall, creating a hump?

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
The fiberglass surround covers the gap, so on top of the flange is fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adhering glass tiles to wall above tub surround

The drywall butts up against the drywall (although there are a few small gaps). The problem is ensuring that the glass tiles (mounted on fibreglass mesh) will stick to both the drywall and the fibreglass edge of the tub surround.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, just figuring this system out. The drywall butts up against the tub surround (they are flush with each other) although there ARE a few small gaps that we will fill. My problem is ensuring that the glass tiles (mounted on fibreglass mesh) will stick to both the drywall and the fibreglass

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Scuff sand the fiberglass--and use a modified thinset intended for glass---I always use white----

The thinset will stick---(I do not recommend using a bucket of mastic---powdered is what you want)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts