DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am trying to figure out the right depth to install this mixer valve. It'll be behind .5" hardi + about .25" of finished Tadelakt plaster. While the overall kit seems well made, there are no deeper instructions and the sticker isn't, at least to me, clear.

Has anyone used a mixer like this or can make heads/tails of the sticker instructions.

Appreciate the help!

Cylinder Gas Machine Paint Nut

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Naildriver
17,708 Posts
2 1/4" back will leave the front plastic almost at your final tile plane. You can't have any plastic proud of the tile plane or the finish plate won't fit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2 1/4" back will leave the front plastic almost at your final tile plane. You can't have any plastic proud of the tile plane or the finish plate won't fit.
Understood, but since the finished plane isn't tile, but plaster and the finished thickness isn't as precise my plan was to have the plastic protrude slightly, and then as the instructions indicate, trim it back even with the finished plane. The total thickness after the hardi (redguard, mortar, 2 base + 4 finish of plaster) should be about 1/4" according to the plaster maker, but I'm guessing there is a +/- factor based on the installer (me in this case). I know too far forward and there is a gap, but not sure how far back before it won't even mount, if that makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts