DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Electrical Contractor
3,370 Posts
Yes, if the applied voltage is less than the rated value. I have used a 240x24 volt transformer to obtain 12 volts using a 120 Volt supply. But be warned: The Amps rating is the same, but your output watts will be considerably less than the original rating.

If you apply a higher than rated voltage to the unit, it may operate for a time, but premature winding burnout may be a consequence.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.