DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Quick back story, I (buyer) have an offer accepted on a house (Wisconsin) with the contingency that the seller put in new windows. Contract specifies brand name, double hung, vinyl windows, some caveats about workmanship, etc.

Seller comes back a quote for us to approve using Crystal windows (series 100). Recent reviews and info on them are slim. I'm a complete novice at this, but my research says I should ask for something like a Sunrise, Simonton or Harvey. Not looking to get top of the windows, but something quality that looks sharp and doesn't need to be replaced in 5 years.

Prod Specs
Frame Depth: 3-1/4″
Insulating Glass Unit Depth: 7/8″
Soft Coat Low-E & Argon Filled IGU – Maximizes energy efficiency.
Constant Force Coil Balances
Tilt Sashes – For Safe, easy cleaning of both sashes.
Full, Width Ergonomic Lift Rail – Comfortable & easy operation.
Dual Vent Locks
But Corner Construction
Perimeter Foam-Wrap
Butterfly Jamb Adjuster – Large surface adjustable.
“Shim” plate

Looking for input - thanks in advance

·
Naildriver
14,906 Posts
The windows are manufactured in Flushing NY. Where are you located? Sort of sketchy information on their website. 7/8" IGU which is good. LoE coating available. Make sure that you get LoE 366 in the quote. I am not sure that that insulation jacket looking thing is surrounding the frame's interior, but it won't take the place of OSI Quad foam inserted under slight pressure to fill the void.

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
Difficult to have them install the windows ahead of the sale and you will not be able to judge the installation until much later. IMO, settle on a dollar figure that they give you or set aside where you can take care of the install to be sure it is done correctly plus make adjustments in your selection as you learn more.

As the seller it is difficult for them to install the window you want as every deal can fall through for other reasons.

Bud

Reactions: SPS-1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts