DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1640 square foot one story gable roof basic rectangle home in oklahoma. The vinyl siding was done 4 years ago for $9000 the labor is warrentied for 5 years so i called and asked them to come back out due to siding blowing off and i feel like a few other things not so great so curious on opinions so as to not offend contractor. But from the reading i been doing i take it siding supposed to last a few years. He came out once already hammered down the corner molding of the door and that was all... photo of around window, photo of ceiling on front porch, upper corner, window trim, corner edge, front door lower corner..... Any thoughts appreciated thank you...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I was in the siding business for 20 years, now my son owns 2 siding companies. The pics show sloppy work.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
19,375 Posts
I concur with the others.

CRAPPY, SHODDY, third rate work, I too was in siding decades ago, and that installer would not have finished this job, I would have sent them packing.

I hope that you get proper redress.

ED

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am not in the siding business ........... I have never been in the siding business .......... that is some ugly/sloppy work ! Unless this guys skills have DRAMATICALLY improved since the original install you will not get better results via his warranty rework . What a mess ......... good luck :sad:

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I am a site supervisor for habitat for humanity and we do a lot of vinyl siding. Virtually all done with a person who has somewhat of a clue managing 8-10 college students, office workers, etc. while our work is not perfect, it looks a heck of a lot better than that. Given the normal tolerances and the way vinyl is installed, you might find someone who knows what they are doing to correct those problems without a huge do-over.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
It was a work done under the jurisdiction (?:smile:) of previous owner. I'm surprised the installer came back and did whatever they could. Installer's work ethics is a factor, but it is also how much they were paid to do, etc. Old window trims were left in place and such, and that is because the house owner may have told them as such. I'd question your realtor and home inspector first who allowed you to pay for such a house.

I sympathize with you, but the whole real estate industry is organized (by hook or by crook) to make money. Installer may be at the bottom of this food chain but unsuspecting home buyers usually end up paying for all things. It depends on what kind of house you bought and where, because your house value, if you decide to sell, will probably not depend on the siding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.