DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Brand new here. I am fixing to start renovations on our bathrooms. We like the look and price of peel and stick vinyl floor tiles but are concerned about water accidents in the bathrooms causing the tiles to pop up. I have researched groutable vinyl tiles but I haven't found a color I like in 12x12 size. However, I have found ones I like that are not advertised as groutable. The ones that are groutable are much thicker than the ones that are not.

So. I am wondering if I can use the ones I like that are not groutable, and use caulk inbetween them instead of grout. Is there any good reason not to lay the stickables down with a 1/8 gap that I fill with waterproof caulk? Seems to me that would solve my problem?

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Using caulking between vinyl tiles is a terrible idea. More than likely over time it will become stinging to even begin to grow mold. Peel and stick tiles aren't really any good for that type of application either, they are basically only good for basements or something like that. You might just as well do it right the first time or you will be doing it again in a few years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts