DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the old wall oven:

Put in the "new" one. The open space above used to hold a convection oven when we first moved in, now just a microwave.

Here's the top of the new oven. There's a small fan off the back that runs when it's on, something the old one didn't have.

This is the ceiling of the open space where the microwave goes. Note the vents cut in, they were there with the old oven. They vent through the cupboard above and out into the kitchen.

There was a piece of foil backed insulation stuffed between the oven and the microwave area.

Couple questions:
- do I need the insulation? Seems like it would block any ventilation, rendering the fan on the back useless. I did check the manual but it doesn't say anything.
- Any idea how much ventilation area I need? I would like to close in the floor above the oven a little bit so we stop losing kitchen mitts, skittles, etc down the back.

Thanks!

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
I've never seen a wall oven with vents cut into the cabinet like that, pretty sure the previous homeowner just thought it was a good idea. It is totally unnecessary .

Reactions: oh'mike

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
FYI that fan is to cool the electronic board

1 - 3 of 3 Posts