DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
37,499 Posts
Most Hardee board comes preprimed so it may not be needed.
Zinzeer 123 and Sherwin Willaims Super paint or Duration would be my first choises.
Not going to find many Behr fan here.

· registered
1,354 Posts
Listen bulleye 123 isn't big money and its an excellent primer sealer. Go and grab 5 gallon container at your home improvment center. Then go with sw super paint or duration. Last time i bought 123 it was on sale at menards a gallon was 11 dollars:thumbsup: It was a couple years ago. Its a good rich primer.

· registered
1,354 Posts
ok thanks a lot!!!! and for paint which brand do you recommend?
Sherwin Williams super paint or duration. Seeing how your on a budget which ever is cheapest.

Also call around lowes and menards and Homedepot. Ask them how much are they sellinig bulleye 123 interior exterior primer sealer for. 5 gallon container. Go with cheapest place. It comes in 1 gallon and 5 gallon. Make sure they shake it up. 5 gallon will getting you moving. When you run out repurchase according to how much house is left.

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Is it ok? to use Valspar Exterior Latex Primer and after that to paint with Behr? Is for a Fiber-Cement Siding

Thank You....
yep just to let you know it is OK not the best but ok. Just remember this a high quality paint and a low quality paint may go on in the same mil thickness but dry and leave you with two diffrent mil's always go with a paint that uses high quality resins and binders. they will always save you money in the long run. James hardi siding not primed? did not know it came un primed? that is new to me. last time they made un primed was around 1998.

· paper hanger and painter
8,307 Posts
yep just to let you know it is OK not the best but ok. Just remember this a high quality paint:eek: and a low quality paint may go on in the same mil thickness but dry and leave you with two diffrent mil's always go with a paint that uses high quality resins and binders. they will always save you money in the long run. James hardi siding not primed? did not know it came un primed? that is new to me. last time they made un primed was around 1998.

come again?:laughing::no::no::no::no:

· Registered
1,311 Posts
come again?:laughing::no::no::no::no:
You say your a painter and don't understand that you can use glidden and SW super paint have the same mil thickness when wet and when dry glidden will be 1 to 1-1/2 mil less thick. Why becuase of cheaper binders resins and more solvents aka water. I always spend more up front on paint so I save money down the road in time and money going back to do it over in seven to ten years.

· paper hanger and painter
8,307 Posts
You say your a painter:eek: and don't understand that you can use glidden and SW super paint have the same mil thickness when wet and when dry glidden will be 1 to 1-1/2 mil less thick. Why becuase of cheaper binders resins and more solvents aka water. I always spend more up front on paint so I save money down the road in time and money going back to do it over in seven to ten years.

what has that got to do with anything?
glidden and ss were not mentioned, valspar was.
valspare certainly is not QUALITY paint.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.