DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Valley II Roman tub faucet circa 1983 replacement

8K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  DEVO2 
#1 ·
I currently have a Valley II Roman Tub Faucet (spout) that was installed in 1983 when my house was built. It is a stand alone 8" spout that looks like a faucet. The handles are placed about 8 inches on either side of the spout. It is a dark brushed brass. I want to switch it to a bath that has the same spout, as the aerator on that spout crumbled.

The tub has tile all around and a wall separating the Stall [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]shower[/COLOR][/COLOR] so there is no access to underneath the tub to get to the faucet. It is an acrylic marble tub.

How do I remove the aerator to get to the inside of the faucet/spout to remove it? The aerator has a 1/2" recessed screen and it really looks like I can't take it off. I can't see anywhere where a flat nose screw driver could be used to pry it off. Do I use a regular wrench or pliers to screw it off?

After I do get the aerator off, should I be able to insert an Allen wrench into the spout to release it and just pull the spout off?

Thanks,
Weeping in Texas:help:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.