DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm remodeling my laundry room on a budget. I want to reuse the stainless one bowl sink but would like to mount it under the new laminate. I plan on ordering a sheet of laminate and using contact cement to mount it to plywood instead of particle board. I would use EPDM sealant to keep the water out and build support under the sink. Comments please. Thanks.

·
Naildriver
16,943 Posts
How do you plan on keeping the water from soaking through the substrate under the laminate (the plywood)? Not the best of ideas considering the materials in use.

Reactions: Oso954

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
I’ve seen enough moisture problems with laminate counter tops that there is no way that I would use it with an undercount sink. Under mounts are best installed with Counter top products that do not rot.
https://www.thekitchn.com/the-6-things-you-need-to-know-about-undermount-kitchen-sinks-166059

Installing a top mount only sink as an undermount is generally asking for problems. They were not designed for it.

Unless you are willing to go solid surface and spring for for an undermount or dual mount sink, I’d suggest going back with a regular top mount. Save up for a countertop and sink replacement at a later date and call it phase 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.