DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks,
I have a small emergency cos my blower motor packed up.
I have a spare condenser motor with the exact same ratings etc..
Can I use it for a day or so, until I get my hands on a replacement blower motor?
Thanks in advance

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
I doubt it. Your furnace motor is 110 volts and that motor is 220 volts. Unless you have a 220 volt airhandler. RPMs will be different and wiring to the motor from the capacitor.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
It may run too hot as it is designed for wide open/unobstructed continuos air over it to cool itself (fan motors have slots/vents in them and a cooling fan to allow air in for cooling) and may have a different design rating/motor duty and service factor (technical motor design details). May have a different diameter/frame size. I would not try it/go thru all that trouble.

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
5,884 Posts
No, it wll not work for long, It is a design of torque thing, why the motors say condenser on them or I think they do.

It has to do with open air flow versus a blower wheel which is enclosed, the pitch of the blades and the amount of air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.