DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Im needing to get a new freezer to store pet food, though have no room in the house. We have an outbuilding with no power as it was cut years ago before we moved in and would be too much trouble to try and re connect. We have a hole drilled in the wall that attaches to the outbuilding to power a CCTV unit in the animal house which works perfect. This is connected to the mains socket in the kitchen.

My question is, would I be able to power a small chest freezer (suitable for outbuildings, Haier BD103GAA Chest Freezer) with an extension lead? the lead I have in mind is a 5m 13a 1 way lead, suitable for appliances upto 3000w. Please help.

·
" Euro " electrician
5,369 Posts
Hi All,

Im needing to get a new freezer to store pet food, though have no room in the house. We have an outbuilding with no power as it was cut years ago before we moved in and would be too much trouble to try and re connect. We have a hole drilled in the wall that attaches to the outbuilding to power a CCTV unit in the animal house which works perfect. This is connected to the mains socket in the kitchen.

My question is, would I be able to power a small chest freezer (suitable for outbuildings, Haier BD103GAA Chest Freezer) with an extension lead? the lead I have in mind is a 5m 13a 1 way lead, suitable for appliances upto 3000w. Please help.
The way you descrubing it is not legit on our French regulations I think the UK is simauir on this one and all the outbuilding have to be it own circuit with RCD breaker ( RCCO or RBO is not legit ) and I will NOT use any extendison leads (cords ) for fixed ( perament ) useage.

So you will need direct bural T&E 2.5mm2 with 16 amp RCD breaker with weather proof powerpoint. or run this in PVC conduit.

If you are not sure about this just get a hold of one of the electricians in your area.

Merci,
Marc

·
Registered
2 Posts
snigal smarcbled

On top, your CCTV signal will be so poor from cross talk( EM interference from higher voltage line :eek:) that you'd end up removing it anyway.

·
A "Handy Husband"
12,337 Posts
On top, your CCTV signal will be so poor from cross talk( EM interference from higher voltage line :eek:) that you'd end up removing it anyway.
HUH? You replying to yhis post.
?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts