DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking he's announcing Alien Invasion.........

Or that they caught Bin Laden.

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
I wonder if this means Obama will be taking another vacation soon.
my daughter said the same thing.

I had said I expect to see a lot of Al Quaida action in retaliation. The kid suggested Obama might go on vacation so he will not be in the White House as that would be a likely target.

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if this is a god thing or a bad thing. But I can tell you exactly what I was doing when the towers fell. And, now I can say that I learned that bin Laden was dead on facebook.

Alien Invasion would have been WAY cooler...... :wink:

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
Alien Invasion would have been WAY cooler...... :wink:
I'm not sure. In all the movies, we get whooped pretty soundly almost every time, at least for the first month or two. Then we make a spectacular rally and show em how tough Earthlings really are, or they catch a cold.

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,100 Posts
They say the US is going to keep his body. Wonder what they will do with that?

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CNN is reporting that the death of bin Laden was the result of 'human operation'.

Thank you to those who serve and have served our country.

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,100 Posts
I was watching CSI Miami and they cut off the last few minutes. This could have been told in a scroll across the screen.

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,100 Posts
CNN is reporting that the death of bin Laden was the result of 'human operation'.

Thank you to those who serve and have served our country.
CBS said he was shot in the head.

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was watching CSI Miami and they cut off the last few minutes. This could have been told in a scroll across the screen.
As someone who lost friends on September 11 and who waited for more than 24 hours to hear if my family was safe, I really feel like this deserves a little more than a scroll.

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,100 Posts
They have known since this morning, that's why Obama only played 9 holes of golf today. Seriously, that's what they said on the news.

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
As someone who lost friends on September 11 and who waited for more than 24 hours to hear if my family was safe, I really feel like this deserves a little more than a scroll.
I agree but they have tied up the air for an hour plus and still waiting for Mr. O. While I respect the situation, having to listen to the news broadcasters speculate about the what, how, why, and anything else they can think of the prevent dead air time is a bit much.

He's on.

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just cause I really mean, it I'm saying it again.

God bless the men and women who serve our country.

And Special Forces kick @ss!

·
A Little Of Everything
2,395 Posts
I would love to be going all GaaGaa about this, but...

1. That was a very strange speech President Obama gave. I don't know whether it's because he was nervous, or not rehearsed, or what. A very strange cadence. Also, he sure did take a lot of credit for the deal. The way he kept going on about it, I began to wonder if he was going to say that he went over to Pakistan and shot bin Laden himself.

2. They've already disposed of bin Laden's body, at sea? I wasn't expecting some long, drawn-out spectacle or anything, but this is kind of weird. Kind of suspicious.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts