DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm actually asking on behalf of a neighbour with the problem. We all have in-floor heating with the same thermostats, about 4 in each unit.

Apparently the former owner of her townhouse unit "fooled around" (my words) with her thermostats for some now unknown reason and it is now impossible to adjust them. On one of them you can push the "up" and "down" buttons till the cows come home, but the temperature setting never changes from 20°C. On a different thermostat, she can adjust it down (below 20°) and then back up again, but it won't go beyond 20°. The presumption is that he opened them up and did "something" inside them that enforces this current behaviour, apparently having set some upper and lower limits.

But what/how to change them? Now that it's November she'd like her place a bit warmer - go figure!

Any ideas? Where to look even. The manuals readily available online do not go into any kind of technical info, alas.

Thanks ... BIO

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
I found some info but it is tricky to do. There are some advanced settings but there is a special procedure where the thermostat has to be removed from the wall case and a special button pressed to do it with the power on. They recommend a experienced installer do it.

That is a exotic thermostat that can use PWM pulse width modulation.

The info is in the install instructions.

You may want to get the installer to do some maintenance on the boiler for it/checkup and ask him to adjust the thermostat.

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Wirsbo-U...-Thermostat-WT-1-Heat-Only-Two-wire-2063000-p

http://s3.supplyhouse.com/manuals/1286975873009/40450_PROD_FILE.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that was fast.
And it looks to be spot on.
I've passed the info on and hopefully the HVAC installer will now be able to help her.
Thanks again, Yuri!

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Yur Welcome:biggrin2:

Google is pretty amazing for finding info.:vs_bulb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts