DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
It’s nice, and would blend nicely… but, if I had a painted front door I would paint it red.
A red front door is good luck because it invites in prosperity.
Is the whole front of the house brick?

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s nice, and would blend nicely… but, if I had a painted front door I would paint it red.
A red front door is good luck because it invites in prosperity.
Is the whole front of the house brick?
Whole house is brick an not my favorite color of brick. I like beige or dark red brick. I have ‘orange’ color brick. I do keep a red geranium at front door.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have another side door to paint plus a privacy fence. Our rainy season is over and weather is cooler so I have enough to keep me busy for a long time. Plus all I do in summer is yard work.

I got one price from a guy to paint the front door and it was $150 it would sure be nice to have it finished but then what would I do with my free time.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that a screen over the garage door? I've never seen that.
Yes, many houses have them. Walking one evening I saw 4 people playing cards in their garage. Gives you privacy and keeps bugs out. Since we have many months of nice weather we can use the garage like another porch. I use this corner of my garage for breaks when mowing. Theres a ceiling fan and with side door open a nice breeze.
Furniture Property Table Chair Interior design

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We're spoiled in California, with very few bugs. Just don't move near a dairy, or a rice field, as I found out. Mosquitos in the mountains.
Screens keep snakes out too.

Saw some birds harassing a young black snake in the yard once. I was cleaning so my back screen door was open and later that little black snake came inside the porch. I knew he was scared but I shooed him out.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I photoshopped the door color to gray:

Sky Cloud Plant Building Window

Just kidding. It's so dark you cant see the color at all. I think the red idea makes a lot of sense. Also consider staining that concrete after you wash it. Power washing is great, but a stain is an easy job and it will really make it look brand new. See if you can get a surface cleaner attachment for the pressure washer. Without a surface cleaner, a job like that would be real tough to do without wand marks everywhere.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I photoshopped the door color to gray:

View attachment 669513

Just kidding. It's so dark you cant see the color at all. I think the red idea makes a lot of sense. Also consider staining that concrete after you wash it. Power washing is great, but a stain is an easy job and it will really make it look brand new. See if you can get a surface cleaner attachment for the pressure washer. Without a surface cleaner, a job like that would be real tough to do without wand marks everywhere.
I’ve always rented a PW but decided to wait for black Friday sales and get my own electric with brushes, if possible.

Thought I was doing a good job till one year a kid drove by and offered to do it for a price and he “wouldn’t leave those little black marks”.

I found photos of brick houses with red doors s snd it looks great but does have gray trim.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts