DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We pressure washed our back deck and porch and of course it ripped the stain off. We did this a couple months ago and I haven't given much thought to the fact that it might not be good for our kids to handle the pickets, etc when coming and going. Sadly, we have young children who are in the defiant stage and insist on coming down stairs their selves and then of course, put their hands in their mouth!

I plan to seal the deck in the next couple months, but whats the best/safest product to use? And in the mean time, is it ok for them to play on the deck, etc?

· Registered
1,994 Posts
In my opinion ACQ is safe. But when it comes to things like this everybody has an opinion.
I vaccinated my kids when they were little, some people don't. I let them eat hamburgers and candy, some people don't.

You should google ACQ safety and decide for yourself. I only urge you to pay attention to the research behind anything you read.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my opinion ACQ is safe. But when it comes to things like this everybody has an opinion.
I vaccinated my kids when they were little, some people don't. I let them eat hamburgers and candy, some people don't.

You should google ACQ safety and decide for yourself. I only urge you to pay attention to the research behind anything you read.

I found this, and it was comforting. Thanks for the suggestion on ACQ safety.

Any suggestions on what is a good, safe product to seal it with?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bad news. It was built in 2003. :(

I am so saddened that my toddlers daily use this structure and of course their hands enter their mouth.

Is it possible they used regular wood and just stained it ? I assume it was more than likely PT wood tho.

So, what now?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.