DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
I personally like the longer El's for pulling, than those short ones. It gives you a little wiggle room. Also helps in something like this, as you know, not to screw the box down until the end. I tend to just pull the wire, put on an El while pulling the wire through, then attach it to the EMT, repeat until you get to the box.
Once again, Greg provides moronic advice about his personal preferences in electrical installations. So what if it violates code and uses products in ways they were not designed for. Professional electricians know how to install a complete conduit run (as required by Code) and install the conductors without damaging them. Trolls think they are smarter than everyone else and their way is the best way.

Keep trolling Greg.

Mark

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Once again, Greg provides moronic advice about his personal preferences in electrical installations. So what if it violates code and uses products in ways they were not designed for. Professional electricians know how to install a complete conduit run (as required by Code) and install the conductors without damaging them. Trolls think they are smarter than everyone else and their way is the best way.

Keep trolling Greg.

Mark

There are none so deaf as those who refuse to hear, and none so blind as those who refuse to see. I think this describes greg very well.

·
Registered
756 Posts
One more note. DIYer's usually seem to be proud that they've figured out some new, creative way to install whatever parts they could find at the big-box store and make it work. They seem very proud of this sort of accomplishment, even though it is poor workmanship and usually Code violations.

Professional electricians are proud that they know all of the available wiring methods and materials and have learned to install them properly. The things they are proud of are generally high quality, neat installations, such as shown in the following link. They are NOT proud of using materials in ways they were not designed for.

http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=170447&highlight=neat

Mark

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
One more note. DIYer's usually seem to be proud that they've figured out some new, creative way to install whatever parts they could find at the big-box store and make it work. They seem very proud of this sort of accomplishment, even though it is poor workmanship and usually Code violations.

Professional electricians are proud that they know all of the available wiring methods and materials and have learned to install them properly. The things they are proud of are generally high quality, neat installations, such as shown in the following link. They are NOT proud of using materials in ways they were not designed for.

http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=170447&highlight=neat

Mark
I've said before, I walked into renovated building for the then burgeoning Internet. It was to house a multitude of server racks. The narrowbacks there, did exceptional work. Was like staring at art in a museum. Everything flowed and looked as if it belonged. Left a lasting impression.

This was a sizable building too, couple hundred feet square at least. Tons and tons of A/C etc.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts