DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DIY'er
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

For 2 counter tops in my kitchen, I will have to use in cabinet outlets. While I have the walls ripped out, I am putting in conduit and j-boxes. I was going to put a 4x4 in the wall, where it will be in the top part of the cabinet base, i.e. 30 inches high.

But how do I make the connection from that 4x4 finished in the wall to the outlets in the front of the cabinet? (other exposed outlets just get a mud ring) I was thinking of using MC in the top of the cabinets to feed the outlets. But how do I properly connect that MC to the 4x4 or is there a better box to use?

Thanks
Jamie

·
DIY'er
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I understand what you mean...please correct me if I'm wrong.

You want to pull power from your 4x4 box and use mc from that, but you have the cabinets in and a 4x4 cutout.

There are blank covers with ko's on them.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3KF44
Yes, that will work well, I forgot that with mc you can use those 90degree angle connectors, I'll just use one of the covers with a KO, like you mentioned and will use a 90 on the mc to route it up to the outlets.
Thanks for the help.
Jamie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.