DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if there is a type of screw that could be used on the visible part of a tub surround. The wall & surround are separating and neither Liquid Nails nor surround adhesive seem to be working. A couple of screws would secure it from the outside, but of course that would make small holes in the surround. Perhaps caulk them? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's plastic. Ended up putting a couple of exterior screws w/washers to stabilize so the tub could be caulked. Will get some stainless steel screws/washers to replace them with. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really didn't want to use the screws, but nothing was working as far as adhesives. Hadn't thought of the tape. If I can find it I'll see. Thank you.

·
Naildriver
10,651 Posts
Did your reply have pictures with it? We are working blind here.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Years ago I had a contractor redo my bathroom and since the tub surround has come loose. I bought the tub surround adhesive, pulled down the sections, applied the adhesive, then made a 2x4 frame against the walls and door with 3/4" plywood pressed against the tub surround. That was 10+ years ago and hasn't come free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts