DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tub faucet leaks and it says glacier bay on it.Someone gave me a kit that says it’s fits Pfister my question is will this fit into the guts from the glacier bay once I i unscrew the ones for the faucet seing how I can’t get the rite cartridges no one carries the cartridge that I need….tia

·
Naildriver
12,350 Posts
Difficult to tell. The best way is to turn off the water to the house, take your cartridge out and take it to a supply/box store and match it up. I don't see why you aren't able to get the right cartridge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Chandler the the reason I asked is because the only place we have is Home Depot the only ones they sell are the short ones we don’t have plumbing stores in my town and they told me you can’t get it and that they don’t sell it they don’t sell half of there stuff anymore and someone was nice enough to try and help me out and maybe save money so I don’t have to buy a whole new faucet I’m not a Fkn plumber and I don’t know about plumbing so that the fkn reason why I asked sorry for trying g to get advice from ppl who I thought would be able to help me out and save money I’m sure you would wanna save some money….ty anyway

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Don't be silly. People do help out here.
Go to YouTube and search your faucet and watch someone replace the cartridge. Then go to Google and find the cartridge and order one. Or call the manufacturer.
It does not take a plumber to do this simple easy job.

·
Man of many hats
575 Posts
Chandler the the reason I asked is because the only place we have is Home Depot the only ones they sell are the short ones we don’t have plumbing stores in my town and they told me you can’t get it and that they don’t sell it they don’t sell half of there stuff anymore and someone was nice enough to try and help me out and maybe save money so I don’t have to buy a whole new faucet I’m not a Fkn plumber and I don’t know about plumbing so that the fkn reason why I asked sorry for trying g to get advice from ppl who I thought would be able to help me out and save money I’m sure you would wanna save some money….ty anyway
From your reply to Chandler I wouldn't bend over backwards to try and help you save 'Fkn' money either. In fact, your attitude is the type I usually quote double to in hopes I'm either not hired and have to deal with you or at least make it worth my time.
That said, Chandler is right in stating that it's hard to tell as we can not see the glacier bay valve that you are trying to repair. Often times leaks in that type of stem can be repaired by replacing the rubber washer at it's base. Just as there are countless valve stems and cartridges, there are many washer types and the best way is to take it with you.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
It's one thing to be ungrateful towards folks who are trying to give you advise for free.
It's another thing to start using the F word repeatedly and unnecessarily.
I was going to offer some help after reading the first posting, but I changed my mind very quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts