DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there any tub diverter spout on the market with slip-fit type fit to 3/4" IPS?
When I took out my old spout which was the front-end thread, the metal nipple was stuck to the end of the pipe coming out from the wall and I can't remove it.
So I am going to cut the pipe and use a slip-fit type spout, but can't find any in homedepot, lowes, menards, or even plumbing supplies.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
DW

·
A "Handy Husband"
13,531 Posts
Remove the 3/4" nipple from the wall (it is screwed into a threaded elbow). Get a 3/4 by 1/2 copper male adapter and solder a 6" length of copper into the adapter.

Now wrap with teflon tape and install in the wall. Buy a diverter spout that will slip fit on the 1/2:" copper. You may have to shorten the copper some.

Reactions: plummen

·
Master Plumber
1,667 Posts
Hi,

Is there any tub diverter spout on the market with slip-fit type fit to 3/4" IPS?
When I took out my old spout which was the front-end thread, the metal nipple was stuck to the end of the pipe coming out from the wall and I can't remove it.
So I am going to cut the pipe and use a slip-fit type spout, but can't find any in homedepot, lowes, menards, or even plumbing supplies.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
DW
The answer to you question is no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts