DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone threw away a small oil-filled space heater. It looks pretty new but it does not work. I am trying to fix it because it would be perfect for our guest room.

Do heaters like this have fuses? Where is the fuse in the photo? Are there other typical reasons why such heaters stop working?

Thanks much

Attachments

·
I=E/R
2,052 Posts
There probably isn't any fuse inside the unit - I don't see anything that looks like a fuse. You will need a voltmeter to troubleshoot this thing. Connect one lead to the neutral line on the incoming bus bar and then use the other lead to check the loop. Just follow the the wire around. It looks like there is an over temperature device.
I don't know your skill working around electricity but remember there will be live power.

·
" Euro " electrician
5,369 Posts
If the heating elements are good { this unit will have two elements } then you have limit switch go bad that is the other spot you will have to find and it is very visbale on the photo and that thermal switch I think it is a one time use { non resetable } and you have to concat the manufacter for the correct thermal switch.

Merci,
Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts