DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have noticed that my TrueSteam humidifier has started doing two things that it was not doing in the first 3 years of its use, specifically:

- when humidifying, the hot water is slowly but constantly leaking through the drain pipe. I believe in the past it was only draining the tank once in a while
- again, when humidifying the water drips (like a drop a minute) from the red latch at the bottom

The unit has been installed by a contractor but I know it quite well and do not mind fixing it. So I am looking for a suggestion - is it by any chance a known issue? I was thinking that it's got to be the water sensor problem (although no errors are shown by the unit) or the solenoid valve itself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never liked them myself. Hope those manuals can help you.
Thanks for the links, I think I have not seen the first one. Anyway, I am going to drain it, remove the bottom part, clean everything I can. I have a replacement water sensor assembly. Bought it last year when mine has failed but while waiting for it I have managed to clean mine and it started working.

Yes, I agree that the device is surprisingly fragile and the design is not that great - but it seems it is the only option available on the market and others are even worse. Or am I wrong?

·
Administrator
40,866 Posts
Aprilaire 800.

The tank/canister is replaced every year. But its much more reliable. And more $$ up front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts