DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi totally new to all this. I like to think I'm pretty handy but I'm having some problems with my ac. OK Havc was running fine since I bought my house about a year in April , up until July it started acting up. I have a guy supposely come out and give it a tune up maintenance thing, you know. Month after he came havc went out, blew 3 amp fuse, replaced it, replace capacitor, and contact relay (i believe is what is called on outside unit.). Havc worked for about 12 hours and went out again, after a frustrating trouble shooting I couldn't determine what the issue was. Called another guy to give it a look , friends AC guy. He told me that the circuit board was faulty and would need to be replace soon. He bypass it to where I had to unplug the Havc from outlet when not using but was working straight without stopping until I replaced the circuit board. After about 3-4 days I replaced the circuit board, wired everything back as it was originally and it worked fine up until now, so about 2 months for sure.
I really need this issued fix and cant afford to pay to much. is there someone out there that can help me out on this??? plz and ty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hvac

Hi there. I was reading what you had posted. You have a short of resistance. Now I see that several components have been changed out and you still have an issue. A very overlook common problem that I see is the t-stat wire that goes from the airhandler or furnace to the condenser (outside unit). If you have a splice in the t-stat wire and the splice is in the elements the wire nuts will rust. I would first look to see if you have any spices and cut it out and put new wire nuts and try to keep water out of them. Thanks

·
Administrator
42,492 Posts
Is this a furnace with an A/C, or a heat pump, or straight A/C. Sometimes, brand and model number help us help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
turns out... there was a wire from outside condenser that the insulated plastic had came off and was rubbing against a copper pipe.... ended paying for service and have a tech come over and fix it. I was tired and frustrated from all this..lol thanks anyways guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.