DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can use hidden fasteners such as "Deckmaster" to install Trex Accents (5/4 profile)? I have 1500 sq ft of Trex decking to replace and am looking for different methods than used by the original installer.

Thanks

·
Framing Contractor
1,758 Posts
Does anyone know if you can use hidden fasteners such as "Deckmaster" to install Trex Accents (5/4 profile)? I have 1500 sq ft of Trex decking to replace and am looking for different methods than used by the original installer.

Thanks
Go on their website and find out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their website

Who's website? - I've been all over Trex. They talk only about face-screwing. This is newer technology.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trex Installation

Thanks, I didn't see the routine with the router previously. Guess I'll be screwing fom the top down.....

·
11,730 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trex Installation

Thanks, folks, I appreciate your replies
This 1650 sqft deck was installed for us a few years ago. We cannot afford to pay to have it redone, so we're left with doing it ourselves. I'm removing and reinstalling the decking (not the right forum to cover that issue). I'm used to working with wood and not sure of the structural integrity of the Trex in that profile - thus the original question. The GRK Kameleon screwa look a little better than what was used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts