DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an XE 1200 model TTP048C100A1 that has worked pretty well for 23 years. A few minor repairs here and there, but nothing major. I have recently noticed that when the compressor unit is running the fan motor makes a clunking rattling sound. It starts and runs great, but while running it rattles. This strikes me as a worn out bearing possibility. The fan blades are tight so it's not that.

Can anyone tell me what the Trane part number is for this motor? I'm pretty sure it is no longer available, but figure there is a generic part that might fit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Part number should be on the motor, but if not, find a local motor repair shop that gets good ratings, take the motor to them and they will either install new bearings if replaceable, or set it up with a generic motor.

Just went through this with my Carrier unit and the junk GE motor that came with the unit.

Choices were a $200.00 OEM motor with bushings, or a generic motor for $105.00 that has replaceable ball bearings.

Pretty damn easy choice, and a simple install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part number should be on the motor, but if not, find a local motor repair shop that gets good ratings, take the motor to them and they will either install new bearings if replaceable, or set it up with a generic motor.

Just went through this with my Carrier unit and the junk GE motor that came with the unit.

Choices were a $200.00 OEM motor with bushings, or a generic motor for $105.00 that has replaceable ball bearings.

Pretty damn easy choice, and a simple install.
Thanks I'll look into that. I might just opt to replace it since shutting the system down while waiting for a motor repair is not really an option when it's 100º outside. The motor model and electrical info is gone - victim of weathering. Gotta find a parts list somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts