DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Gas Vehicle door Audio equipment Metal
Gas Engineering Machine Motor vehicle Space
I have a Trane x95 unit that doesn't blow any air into the duct work, in the picture where you see the is put together behind the flue/exhaust pipe that goes to the roof, that's where all the air comes out of, nothing makes it to the other side of the unit where the two flex pipes are that feeds the house.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A small amount of air is normal.
Your likely seeing a lot more as your supply duct is done improperly and likely causing high static pressure.
How should the supply duct be? If you look in the one picture, all the hot air is going into the little black flex pipe that's on the left, nothing is going up into the bigger flex pipe.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
You cannot run off of target walls in ductwork. That’s necessary to maintain static.
Entire duct systems should not be made of flex. And when flex is used it should be in short lengths, pulled tight and supported, and bends should be extremely long radius.
Your targeting the black flex. And it’s hurting static.
The large flex is a mess. All of it really needs redone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You cannot run off of target walls in ductwork. That’s necessary to maintain static.
Entire duct systems should not be made of flex. And when flex is used it should be in short lengths, pulled tight and supported, and bends should be extremely long radius.
Your targeting the black flex. And it’s hurting static.
The large flex is a mess. All of it really needs redone.
Thanks for the info, now if I can just find someone to actually show up and look at it. I had one contractor that said I needed bigger pipe in the walls and all of my return lines were pinched, he wanted $20,000 to rip open the walls and do everything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What’s the large flex run to?
The large flex runs through the rafters and turns down into the bigger ductwork, which is about 1x3, and that feeds the 2 floor and than there's two bigger flex pipes (maybe 10") off of that that goes up to feed the 3rd floor. Sorry the pictures are bad, there's no light in the attic rafters
Leg Textile Wood Glove Flooring

Wood Flooring Tints and shades Fixture Composite material

Brown Leg Wood Thigh Tints and shades

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, not noisy, but no air makes it to the vents on the second or third floor, nothing! It's all going into that smaller black flex and it's all leaking out of the unit itself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts