DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John deer L100. Wife was mowing and the latch here is supposed to go in that hole. How can I fix this? I’m not sure what it originally looked like . I imagine I need a nut of some sort to keep this in. The yellow blade cover is scratching on the floor due to this latch falling off
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

·
Usually Confused
9,390 Posts
It looks like it could be a front draw rod and maybe fits into the hole in the tab in the frame above it, but you really need to check the owners manual or look at a parts diagram for the tractor and mower deck. I took a quick look online but wasn't sure I was looking at the right diagram.

·
Registered
Yes
328 Posts
The rod looks flat vs. round and threaded. Could be the way the pic looks???

If it is flat, I'll bet it had a hole in it for a cotter pin, small screw and nut.

Google sometimes is your friend.... parts diagram link

Not sure this parts diagram helps as it shows a threaded rod w/associated hardware. Got a local JD dealer that does parts and service near you? They would know and supply the correct parts. Be warned(smile) some JD parts aint cheap.

Good luck...Don.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The rod goes thru the hole in the black plate... held with washers and a nut .
See diagram. insert part #3 through part #5.
Use a lever ( 2x2 ) to lift the front of the deck in order to install the rod.

Crank'r up.. getta' cuttin'

Fercripesake! keep the top of that deck cleaned of grass... you're looking for drive and deck pulley and belt problems.

Reactions: lenaitch
1 - 4 of 4 Posts