DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AudioEngine 5+ bookshelf speakers in gloss white, one dropped during move. Paint cracked and chip about the size of a penny. Construction material is high density MDF. Looking for advice on how to touch up the high gloss paint. Chip in on a front corner, highly visible, so I need to do it right. Thanks!

·
Registered
37,409 Posts
Got a picture?
Most likely looking at repainting the whole thing after filling any low areas.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
There's only about a million shades of white out there. Unless you know you can match the color, I think Joe has it right with planning to paint the whole thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@mathmonger - I want to fix it right if I can. Nail polish was AudioEngine Support's answer too, with the caveat "The problem you can run into with this is drawing more attention to the chip or the paint not matching".
@joecaption - yep. I'm at work now but will post a picture of the damage tonight. Crutchfield has a good picture of the speakers goo.gl/1WJxzg
@stick\shift - I asked AE Support, and they didn't know the paint manufacturer or specific color, I told them to go find out. I am not hopeful.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
It's probably lacquer or epoxy or something weird like that. You won't be able to match it perfectly with anything at Home Depot or Sherwin-Williams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts