DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

My basic Totaline P310 thermostat is doing something new: the clock resets and starts blinking. I reset the time and after about 24 hours it does it again. My batteries are not dead (there would be a low battery indicator that is not showing).

It is turned 'off' for the summer. (Have been doing this for years without issue.) Can anyone confirm it is powered only by its batteries? There are only 2 wires connected to it, to 'r' and 'w' but no 'c' - please see pictures.

My theory is that if turned off and with no external power, it resets. However like i said, the batteries appear fully charged.

Its about 8 years old, so I realize these things need replacing, but thought I might see if it may be something else?

The manual says the following so I assume it's somehow losing power bu not sure how:

NOTE: The clock has lost its settings when the time display flashes. If the thermostat is following the schedule, it will use the temperature settings programmed for Period 1 of the weekdays until you readjust the clock

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
To be honest with you, I've seen this type of thing many times..when they start acting up like that, it's time to replace(Have you "Scraped" all '4' of the brass/copper battery contact points clean with a pocket screwdriver ? That's about all I can think of that could possibly save your..'Patient' :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts