DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1281 - 1297 of 1297 Posts

·
MEASURE ONCE, CUT TWICE
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,281 ·
Pugs, nice job staying with it until complete. I struggle in that dept. I refurbished 98% of this house, but never finished the shower in the last bathroom. I like the porch, built a similar, but smaller porch on the last house. All cypress clear coated. Come to think of it, I still need to build the porch on this house. I told my wife a few years back that I wasn't doing the porch until the garage was done..............guess I can't use that excuse much longer!

Thanks.

So I take it the garage is about done then?

·
MEASURE ONCE, CUT TWICE
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,282 ·
It’s time to take the cover off that boat and go do some cruising around and sight seeing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks....I've been fishing the last 3 weekends in a row. I need to take a break from fishing this weekend, ha....

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Congrats on the finish. Don't ever do that paint and stain that way you will always have something on your to do list.

·
Property Mgt/Maint
6,660 Posts
Thanks.

So I take it the garage is about done then?

Mostly complete. Still need to put in benches, cabinets, shelving etc. Electric is done, but still need to tie in gas and water lines. Basically all the stuff that make it useful.

Not sure when I will be able to get back in there. Tenants like to move out in the summer which keeps be busy.
Best case scenario on that porch would be next spring. Doing major updates on a 2 story house at the moment. New roof. Some new siding, some new paint which will pretty much run through the summer.

·
Registered
21,077 Posts
Just curious. . . what is the depth of the safety rail opening? What if you have a fat person in the basement? Are the rungs to climb out? So a person couldn't be bigger than the depth? I know contractors with beer bellies bigger than that.

Then the person has to be able to lift their leg over the rail to climb out? What about kids?

Is this a mandated thing?

I'm not criticizing, just curious. It's a conundrum.

·
MEASURE ONCE, CUT TWICE
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,291 ·
Just curious. . . what is the depth of the safety rail opening? What if you have a fat person in the basement? Are the rungs to climb out? So a person couldn't be bigger than the depth? I know contractors with beer bellies bigger than that.

Then the person has to be able to lift their leg over the rail to climb out? What about kids?

Is this a mandated thing?

I'm not criticizing, just curious. It's a conundrum.

No worries.
It's a 24" wide door way with more width than that below.
Code here is 22" so I made sure it was more.
The gas pipe gives a perfect hand hold to give a pull and walk right out.

The rule is 2 forms of egress. Only one staircase to basement so the window is exit number two.

·
JOATMON
15,930 Posts
Five years later and the house is 100% finished. Yes!
The gate is on the safety railing around the egress window.

:vs_karate: :vs_bananasplit:
Not sure I'll ever be able to say that................but yours looks great

1281 - 1297 of 1297 Posts