DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am currently the only ranch hand on a piece of property so I kind of delve into anything and everything based and what needs upkeep and repair. I finally found a problem I cannot solve, even with youtube. On the property there is a TOPENS brand Electric gate. The chain on the gate was removed incorrectly and now the gate will only open when the system has power. When you try to close the gate the system tries to force the gate farther open.

So far I have check the systems sensor to make sure that they are still in the correct placements for installation and that nothing is blocking them.

From there the manual states that I need to remove the wire connection from the limit switch which is connected to 8, 9 and 10 terminals. Then using a jump wire short the terminals together to try it again.

If someone could explain that maybe step by step or has experience with this kind of work or these gate systems advice and knowledge would be appreciated.

Model Number: CK700(Attached is the manual)
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you can remove chain again so you don't have movement. First check is to see if motor is connected correct. Black to Term 3 U Yellow to Term 4 V Red to Term 5 W.
Next test is to see if you can get it to move both ways. Place gate in the middle, use a jumper and touch and remove term 13 -14 . When gate moves touch 13-14 again it should stop.
Repeat process gate should move other way.
If gate keeps trying to open add a jumper from 12 to 13 and leave it in place, Note photo eye is out of circuit at this point, be careful. Repeat first steps.
If still opening add jumpers and leave on from 8 to 9 and 9 to 10. Retest. Note photo eye and limits are out of circuit at this point, be careful. Repeat first steps.

Post result and we will continue even if to get it fixed.

Cowboy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.