DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When does it become too much when you have several dimmers in your house? I love the Lutron dimmers. I have one in my kitchen and one in my great room with a remote. I am thinking about installing one in the dining room area that is basically an extension of the kitchen. It would control a chandelier style light that when turned on is just too bright at times because it has like 8 bulbs. Would this be too much and is there anything wrong with having multiple dimmers? Thx. Mike.

·
Super Moderator
9,333 Posts
Nothing wrong with having a dimmer on every light switch, unless it controls a receptacle.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, sounds good to me lol. Anyone have any experience with the motion controlled switches? I was thinking about installing them in my bathrooms. What are the pros and cons? Thx. Mike.

·
Electrician
87 Posts
Sweet, sounds good to me lol. Anyone have any experience with the motion controlled switches? I was thinking about installing them in my bathrooms. What are the pros and cons? Thx. Mike.
A lot of people like occupancy sensors in bathrooms, but there are some concerns. One thing to make sure of is that the sensor can see a person no matter where they are. You don't want to be in the shower and have to open the door to wave your arms in front of the sensor to get the lights to go back on. If you're sitting on the toilet for a while reading your favorite magazine, the lights might go off too. There is usually a setting that will keep the lights on for a set amount of time after the sensor picks up motion, but remember that the light will stay on for that long after you leave so you might be wasting 20 minutes of electricity after every time someone uses the bathroom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts