DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm not sure what to do about the missing toilet cap. I don't know anything about installing them and when I moved in I saw one of the existing toilet bolts was missing a cap. I wasn't able to find an exact match online that matched the other side. My toilet is a"Sterling 1.6 GPF / 6.0 LPF" and was installed before I moved in.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this easily?

I have included a photo with the missing cap, a photo of the other side where there is a properly installed toilet bolt cap and also a photo where it states the name and type of the toilet. I have attached where the model number appears in a photo and when I attempted to fill that in, I was unsuccessful. Perhaps, someone here would be able to identify it? I also included a photo of the toilet itself in case it helps to have that visual. Can someone verify which toilet it is?

Thanks!

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Plumbing fixture

Grey Wood Tints and shades Circle Plaster
Font Gas Nameplate Motor vehicle Wood

Toilet seat Plumbing fixture Toilet White Blue

Font Gas Rectangle Wood Number

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hello!

I'm not sure what to do about the missing toilet cap. I don't know anything about installing them and when I moved in I saw one of the existing toilet bolts was missing a cap. I wasn't able to find an exact match online that matched the other side. My toilet is a"Sterling 1.6 GPF / 6.0 LPF" and was installed before I moved in.

I have included a photo with the missing cap, a photo of the other side where there is a properly installed toilet bolt cap and also a photo where it states the name and type of the toilet. I have attached where the model number appears in a photo and when I attempted to fill that in, I was unsuccessful. Perhaps, someone here would be able to identify it? I also included a photo of the toilet itself in case it helps to have that visual. Can someone verify which toilet it is?

Thanks!

View attachment 694221

View attachment 694222 View attachment 694220
View attachment 694224
View attachment 694227
Con
Hello!

Thanks!

View attachment 694221

View attachment 694222 View attachment 694220
View attachment 694224
View attachment 694227
Contact Kohler. From what I have found they own the STERLING name.

·
Man of many hats
778 Posts
And if you're concerned about removing the nut you can fill the cap with a bit of silicone caulk and place over the nut. The bolt and nut will be replaced the next time the commode is removed/replaced anyway

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Buy a pair and replace them. If the base isn’t compatible don’t remove the nut to change it. Fill the cap with plumber’s putty and shove it over the bolt.

Reactions: RockyMtBeerMan

·
Man of many hats
778 Posts
^ I gambled that the OP would be more likely to have a little caulk handy versus putty and that the silicone would help adhere the cap to what little is left of the nut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts